Media Kit for Author, Tui Snider
I, Tui Snider, give permission for any and all of the information and photos on this page to be used for promoting my books and other creative projects both in print and online publications.
Interviews, Guest Posts, Articles & Speaking Engagements:
I am available for interviews, guest posts, articles, and speaking engagements. To make arrangements, please email me at TuiSnider @ gmail . com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Tui Snider writes offbeat travel guides. Her Amazon Best Seller Unexpected Texas features overlooked places, while Paranormal Texas highlights haunted sites.
Tui Snider is a writer, travel blogger, photographer, and musician specializing in offbeat sites, overlooked history, cultural traditions, and quirky travel destinations. For Tui, travel is a mindset. Her motto is “Even home is a travel destination,” and she believes “The world is only boring if you take everyone else’s word for it.” Tui’s first book, Unexpected Texas is an Amazon Best Selling travel guide to offbeat and overlooked places within easy reach of the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex. Her next book, Paranormal Texas is a travel guide to haunted places and in north Texas, and was released October 3, 2014.
Tui Snider is a writer, travel blogger, photographer, and musician specializing in offbeat sites, overlooked history, cultural traditions, and quirky travel destinations. After living in Belgium, Italy, and a tiny island with a population of 7, Tui now calls the state of Texas her home. Even so, she has experienced as much culture shock in the Lone Star State as she ever did overseas!
For Tui, travel is a mindset. Her motto is “Even home is a travel destination,” and she believes “The world is only boring if you take everyone else’s word for it.” Tui has worn a lot of hats in her life – literally – and is especially fond of berets. In addition to writing, she is an avid photographer. Tui is also a multi-instrumentalist and singer/songwriter. She recently began learning the Theremin.
Tui has been writing professionally since 2006, with articles and photos appearing in BMIbaby, easyJet, Wizzit, PlanetEye Traveler, iStopover, SkyEurope, North Texas Farm and Ranch magazines, and many others. She also wrote the shopping chapter for the Time Out Naples: Capri, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast 2010 travel guidebook, and provided photos for the poetry book Wild Woman Waking.
Tui’s first book Unexpected Texas is an Amazon Best Selling travel guide to offbeat and overlooked places within easy reach of the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex. Her next book, Paranormal Texas is a travel guide to haunted places and ghost hunters in north Texas, and is scheduled for release in September, 2014.
About Unexpected Texas:
You can’t make this stuff up. Actually you can… But here in Texas, you don’t have to! Not only does Tui Snider explain the stories behind these offbeat & overlooked sites, but she also gives directions to a bunch of quirky Texas places, including the:
* Gravesite of an Alleged Space Alien
* Courthouse Displaying a Dead Lizard
* Statue of Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots
* Rope used to Lynch “Santa Claus”
* Building Made Entirely of Salt
* Wax Replica of Da Vinci’s Last Supper
* 65-foot tall Eiffel Tower Replica
* Petrified Wood Motel & Cafe
* World’s Smallest Skyscraper
* Only Michelangelo Painting in America
… and much, much more!
- After living in Belgium, Italy, and the Pacific Northwest, what made you choose to live in Texas?
- What inspired you to write Unexpected Texas?
- What does your travel motto, “Even home is a travel destination” mean?
- How do you find such unusual places that even native Texans have not heard of them?
- What are your best tips for those who want to find offbeat and overlooked places in their hometown?
- What was the strangest story you discovered while researching Unexpected Texas?
- What made you decide to self-publish?
- Do you have another project in the works? If so, what is it?
Find Tui Snider on Social Media
Tui Snider’s Amazon author page
Tui Snider’s Offbeat & Overlooked Travel blog
Facebook author page
The following images are available for media use, and are all copyright Tui Snider, 2014.
Be First to Comment